Thanks to a grant from Devon Community Foundation we can offer this 6-week course for FREE* to qualifying families in Devon. We welcome families from all ethnic backgrounds.
These classes will be delivered online via a series of LIVE classes (not pre-recorded videos or worksheets) with connected WhatsApp group for chat between sessions and create opportunities to meet up.
When to start the course
The best time to start a course is between 24 and 30 weeks pregnant. However, this is just a guideline. If you are expecting twins, it’s recommended to start your course a bit earlier.
Can you answer YES to the following questions?
- Are you pregnant and due to give birth between January – May 2021?
- Do you live in Devon?
- Is your combined household income under £28,000 p.a and/or on means-tested benefits?
- Can you commit to joining all 6 sessions of the course?
If you answered YES to all those questions, please apply using the form below A.S.A.P!
- Course A: Wednesdays @ 6pm – 4th / 11th / 18th / 25th November & 2nd / 9th December 2020
- Course B: Mondays @ 6pm – 11th / 18th / 25th January & 1st / 8th / 15th February 2021
(This is a pilot project so at present we only have these dates available)
Fill in the form to apply for your free place
and we will send you an application form
- Baby development in the womb
- How to have a positive third trimester
- Preparing for life changes in work, and relationships
- Exploring well-being
- How partners can be supportive
- How to support yourself
- Relaxation techniques
- Role of hormones in labour and birth
- Preparation for birth
- Birth options
- Stages of labour and birth
- Role of birth partner
- Meeting your baby
- What happens after giving birth
- Feeding your baby
- Baby’s brain and sensory development
- Postnatal care
- How to prepare for the post birth period
- Safe sleep
- Caring for a baby including baby massage
- Attachment and bonding
- Practical baby care
- Understanding your new baby
- How to look after yourself!
“We are delighted to be able to support this fantastic group. It is groups like this working on the frontline that are so essential to our communities. It’s what makes DCF so important to ensure that together with donors and local groups we can build strong and vibrant communities for everyone in Devon, both now and for the future.” ~ Martha Wilkinson, CEO of Devon Community Foundation
Read more about our work with Devon Community Foundation HERE